Is your kitchen all brown and outdated? Maybe the old stain on your cupboards shows some weathering through the constant fingerprints and grease that builds up over years of use in the kitchen. If it is time for a kitchen remodel, consider painting the cabinets before replacing them entirely.
On average, painting cabinets is about 1/3 the price of a total replacement. Cabinets can be quite an investment, and if you already love the size and shape of your cabinets, it’s not necessary to replace them altogether.
Painting Vs. Replacing Old Kitchen Cabinets
While solid wood cabinets are an excellent investment for your kitchen, think about using what you have right in front of you. Sanding down and refinishing your kitchen cupboards can make your kitchen look new without starting from scratch.
Take a look at some advantages of painting cabinets over replacing them:
- Price: As we mentioned, a considerable advantage of painting your kitchen cabinets is the cost savings. Instead of purchasing a whole new set of cabinets to fit into your home, you can use the ones you already have.
- Fewer Decisions: Choose the paint colors and quality of paint, and your decisions are made. You won’t have to worry about demolition, measuring, and choosing new cabinets for your home. Those decisions can take a long time, especially amidst a full kitchen rehaul.
- Maximize Resources: If you already have quality cabinets, why put them to waste by throwing them out and buying new cabinets altogether? Instead, use the resources you already have by keeping your old cabinets but making them new again through a fresh coat of paint or stain.
- Versatility: The best part about painting your cabinets is choosing paint colors that are unique to your needs. If you want a white kitchen, you can choose bright white cabinets. If you have sticky fingers opening cupboards each day, you may go with white for the upper cabinets and a slate gray or deep green for the lower cabinets.
- On-Trend: Painted cabinets are stylish and modern for the kitchen. You can update your kitchen by painting your cabinets and keeping your kitchen up-to-date for resale value.
Show your appreciation for your current cabinets by refreshing them with a new paint color. You will be surprised at how much you can transform your kitchen with just paint.
Talk to professional painters before starting on your kitchen remodeling project. We can help you with your commercial and residential painting needs at Vivify Painting. Contact us to set up your first appointment: (951) 775-7522.