The quality of your paint job will depend on the quality of the materials that you are using. Even if you have the best painting skills, poor equipment will make it challenging to achieve a smooth, effortless paint application. Additionally, the wrong equipment means you will spend more time on the project.
What materials do you need to buy for your commercial painting project? Since there is a lot of space that needs to be painted, it’s essential that you get started in the right way with equipment that will improve the overall results.
First, you need to pick out a paint color that will look good with the other interior décor features in your home. Also, consider the quality and durability of the paint. It’s worth an investment in a reputable brand, especially because good paint can last for years.
It’s important to consider the way the commercial space will be used. For example, the type of paint you use in a corporate office will be different than the type of paint used in a restaurant kitchen.
If you need help with paint selection, talk to our Vivify Painting team for personalized recommendations.
Paint Rollers, Brushes, and Trays
A basic paintbrush isn’t going to cut it. You need different types of brush and rollers to adapt to different parts of the walls and ceiling:
- Rollers: The most effective way to cover painting on a large wall is to use a roller because they have a wide surface area. It’s simple to use because you just dip the roller in the paint and then spread it on the wall.
- Angled Brush: Some areas need more precision, which is where an angled brush can be helpful. These brushes are great if you need to paint straight lines in areas such as around your windows, woodwork, or doors. A good brush means that painter’s tape might not be necessary.
- Paint Trays: You can dip the brushes into the paint can directly. But a cleaner and better solution is to pour the paint into a tray. A metal painting tray is a perfect combination for both rollers and brushes.
- Plastic and Tarps: It can be messy to paint, so you must ensure that you are always protecting the area with tarps and plastic.
- Ladders and Stepstools: You’ll need to reach the ceiling and high parts of the walls. Make sure you have sturdy ladders and step stools to protect your safety.
Hire the Commercial Painting Pros
When painting your commercial space, you don’t need to stress about a DIY project. The simplest and most effective solution is to call our team for assistance. Contact Vivify Painting to schedule a consultation: (951) 775-7522.